ECASD Portrait of a Graduate
- Identify, evaluate, and prioritize solutions to difficult or complex situations.
- Implement and reflect critically on a solution
- Creatively synthesize, analyze, and interpret information in order to draw conclusions
- Assume shared responsibility for collaborative work, and value the individual contributions made by each team member
- Seek, contribute, and respond to feedback to achieve collective outcomes.
- Demonstrate ability to work effectively and respectfully with diverse teams
- Articulate thoughts and ideas effectively using oral, written, and nonverbal communication skills utilizing a variety of formats and methods.
- Listen effectively to decipher meaning, including knowledge, values, attitudes, and intentions.
- Use communication for a range of purposes and audiences to inform, instruct, motivate, and persuade.
- Exhibit steadfastness in achieving success despite difficulty, opposition, and/or failure.
- Embrace the idea that failure is a part of success and quickly adapt and pivot to keep moving forward.
- Deal positively with praise, setbacks and criticism
- Develop and build upon a baseline of knowledge in an academic discipline.
- Apply new knowledge with previous learning to deepen understanding of concepts
- Focus on 21st century skills, content knowledge and expertise
Personal Growth and Initiative
- Proactively organize tasks and actions and thoughtfully make decisions, prioritizing short-term and long-term goals.
- Initiate and take action independently, utilizing resources to accomplish goals.
- Develop a foundation of intellectual, emotional and physical health
- Value and embrace diversity and unique perspectives through mutual respect and open dialogue.
- Demonstrate personal, civic, social, local, and global responsibility through ethical and empathetic behaviors.
- Recognize the importance of contributing and taking action for the betterment of society.
- Leverage appropriate tools to consume, create, communicate, and connect.
- Adapt to constantly evolving tools and appropriately integrate into daily life.
- Act with an understanding of the ethical, legal, and humanistic behavior surrounding the access and use of technology and human-machine interaction.